- The preferred steel to use is high speed steel.
- The most desirable machine speed is around 2000 rpm.
- The material responds best to scraping using a negative rake and an under-cut tool.
- For face turning the material go in gently with the tool until you can feel the consistency of the material.
- For drilling holes over 200 – 300 mm deep, the recommended tool is a forstners tool. It is designed for deep hole drilling and will give maximum swarf clearance.
- This drill is not recommended for pen blanks and caps etc. For this we would recommend an ordinary carbide tip drill, as it is better for long term wear resistance.
- If the tool finish is smooth then you will only need a grey silicone paper grade 1000-12000 to get a satin finish. However if the finish is slightly rough start with a grade of 600 and then mode up to 1000-1200.
- For a final finish we recommend friction polish, shellawax, burnishing cream,…
Dimensions: diam. 20 mm, length 130 mm
A COBALT BLUE
D LAPIS LAZULI
G DARK CORAL
M COBALT BLUE
N LAPIS LAZULI
O DARK CORAL