Choisissez votre langue / Kies uw taal / Wählen Sie Ihre Sprache
New! Tailstock Pushdown Station
YOUR SAFETY - OUR CONCERN! WIVAMAC® innovates and thinks about your health and safety. As from now on, you do not have to carry your heavy tailstock (23kg) anymore to move it out of the way. You just slide the tailstock to the end of the bed and simply push it down, without any physical effort or danger for your feet or damaging your Floor. To return the tailstock into its position, the genius moving mechanism with active gas spring will push the tailstock back up-wards, without any need for human force. This product is part of the extended package of the lately developed WIVA-FLEX lathe accessories and fits on all WIVAMAC® DB-models. This module can also be mounted on all existing WIVAMAC® lathes, built since 2003. Only a simple retrofit is needed and can easily be done by yourself. Safety, health and lack of space issues that exist with the already common used systems, such as the swivel back or down , are banned to history by this WIVAMC® Push-down-tailstock feature.
Searching for a retailer outside Belgium? Click here.
With WIVAMAC you enter the world of professional woodturning lathes. Wivamac lathes are built to the highest engineering standards and their designs are optimised to give ideal combinations of power, dimensions and weight. The various models in the DB range all share a common theme of massively robust construction and a «systems» approach to turning that permits not just bowl and spindle work but sphere cutting, ornamental turning and thread cutting to be performed on one machine.
Principal features of WIVAMAC lathes include:
- Fully mobile headstock that not only swivels but can be positioned anywhere within the full length of the bed.
- Heavy-duty spindle with poly-«V» belt transmission and spindle locking and indexing functions (except DB802).
- To keep bearing loads low, the bearings are widely spaced.
- Spindle pulley is mounted between the bearings which ensures smooth, vibration-free running at all speeds.
- All models can be equipped with an electronic frequency/speed controller (VARIO) operating a three phase motors from a single phase supply.
- Cam-locks on toolrest saddle and tailstock for instant, secure locking without the use of spanners.
- Spindle handwheel for manual rotation and checking of workpiece.
- Cast-iron tailstocks on all lathes.
- Profiled, cast-iron toolrest as standard (300 mm long). Wide range of optional toolrests of various lengths and styles.
- Twenty-four position spindle indexing (except DB802).
- The substantial A-Frame stand provides excellent stability for the lathe, especially when turning large diameters or out of balance workpieces. The stand has height adjustment with 50 mm vertical movement on each foot (option for DB800/801/802).
- The innovative design of the variable eccentricity banjo allows you to place the toolrest in close proximity to the workpiece without any risk of the banjo fouling the workpiece. When spindle turning the banjo/toolrest configuration enables the toolrest to be brought right to, and even beyond, the spindle centreline
- A new and very precise alignment system for the headstock is available as an option on all lathes
The following models are available:
All lathes have a wide range of accessories and options, explained in more detail on the following subsidiary pages.
Bowl turning attachement
Sphere cutting jig "Standard"
Sphere cutting jig "Heinz Risse"
Offset extension toolrest support
Alignment system for headstock
Wivamac produces carving machines suitable for reproducing short series of statues or panels.
Our Wivamac carving machines distinguish themselves by their vibration-free construction and remarkably precise
and light movement of the carriage, ensuring that statues and furniture panels can be copied precisely and effortlessly.
Wivamac also offers a range of carver's clamps. These are designed to hold the workpiece firmly, but at the same
time allow for the workpiece to be positioned in all directions without have to loosen it; making controlled carving so much easier.